The shirts are $30 each (+shipping)
If you are interested in purchasing one, please drop me a line asap at email@example.com or you can reach me through Facebook/Twitterland/Instagram and I'll set you up.
Please consider entering your e.mail address on the right side of the page to subscribe to my mailing list. Don't miss out, subscribe today and receive Four on the Floor directly to your inbox!
Just click on the link that looks like the icon above, located on the right hand side of the page to subscribe to my mailing list via Mailchimp.
And now, and without further ado, here are today's offerings:
1. Check out my recent "Five Minutes With..." interview and artist feature with the Calgary Guardian
2. Wonderful and insightful features on Ralph Peterson Jr. and Joey Baron from Vinnie Sperrazza's Substack series Chronicles
3. From the Library of Congress Courage and Improvisation: The Max Roach Papers by Ingrid Monson
4. Max Roach featured on a 1998 radio episode of NPR's Piano Jazz with Marian McPartland
5. Irish bassist interviews Gerry Hemingway on his podcast The Art and Science of Time:
6. Jack DeJohnette featured on The Stick People podcast:
7. John DeChristopher interviews John Riley in an episode of his Live From My Drum Room series:
8.The 80/20 drummer with some thought provoking commentary on feathering the bass drum:
9. And here's Gregory Hutchinson demonstrating this very important concept...
...and some Afro-Cuban grooves in the stye of Art Blakey and Elvin Jones:
10. Michael Brecker on drums from a 1984 lecture at North Texas State University:
11. UNT's Quincy Davis continues with his prolific and always informative Q-Tips YouTube.com series:
12. The Pace Report featuring Joe Farnsworth:
13. Bassist Rodney Whitaker discusses the importance of developing a strong quarter-note feel:
14. Dr. Jazz Samo Salamon interviews Ted Poor, Franklin Kiermyer, Gene Jackson and Ferenc Nemeth:
15. Jazz Talk interviews Mike Clark:
16. Vancouver's Jesse Cahill interviewed by James Danderfer:
This is a great interview. I've known Jesse for a long time and he has some great things to share in this wonderful ongoing weekly Instagram series.
17. Danny Barcelona featured with Louis Armstrong on "Stompin' at the Savoy" in Stuttgart circa. 1959:
18. Lenny White with Kenny Barron (piano) and Ron Carter (bass) from the Tokyo Jazz Festival circa. 2010:
19. What am I listening to these days?
Mark Turner, Jeff Watts & Orlando Le Fleming "Misterioso" - Jeff "Tain" Watts (drums)
Roy Haynes "Birds of a Feather: A Tribute to Charlie Parker" - Roy Haynes (drums)
Goldings Bernstein Stewart "Perpetual Pendulum" - Bill Stewart (drums)
Ahmad Jamal "Emerald City Nights: Live at the Penthouse 1965-66" - Chuck Lampkin (drums)
Danilo Perez "Panamonk" - Jeff "Tain" Watts
LP Percussion "Drum Solos: Vols. 1-3"
20. And today's Final Word goes to guitarist Pat Metheny (someone who knows a thing or two about drummers...)
Post a Comment