This is the last post of 2013. I'm on vacation! Thank you for your support and see you in 2014.
In the meantime, check out Charles Mingus' very own recipe for Egg Nog and spread some xmas cheer:
"Charles Mingus Secret Egg Nog Recipe"
- Separate one egg for one person. Each person gets an egg.
- Two sugars for each egg, each person.
- One shot of rum, one shot of brandy per person.
- Put all the yolks into one big pan, with some milk.
- That's where the 151 proof rum goes. Put it in gradually or it'll burn the eggs,
- OK. The whites are separate and the cream is separate.
- In another pot- depending on how many people- put in one shot of each, rum and brandy. (This is after you whip your whites and your cream.)
- Pour it over the top of the milk and yolks.
- One teaspoon of sugar. Brandy and rum.
- Actually you mix it all together.
- Yes, a lot of nutmeg. Fresh nutmeg. And stir it up.
- You don't need ice cream unless you've got people coming and you need to keep it cold. Vanilla ice cream. You can use eggnog. I use vanilla ice cream.
- Right, taste for flavor. Bourbon? I use Jamaica Rum in there. Jamaican Rums. Or I'll put rye in it. Scotch. It depends.
- See, it depends on how drunk I get while I'm tasting it.