Here is what Chris had to say about this project:These interviews revolve around indepth essays that Ed and Steve wrote about their backgrounds, influences, teaching styles, suggested listening, common problems on the drumset, and how to become a serious player.
This project is about two friends (Ed Soph and Steve Houghton) both highly regarded drumset teachers, players, and authors, who recently retired from teaching. What became clear after numerous personal discussions was that education, as well as early and ongoing musical experiences shaped their teaching methods and lesson content, creating a very wide menu of drumming ideas and musical concepts. The common thread of course was always jazz drumming.
For further information from Ed and Steve follow the links below:Featured Tracks
• (Steve Houghton) Steve Allee: Three Hip Mice
• Website: https://www.houghtonmusic.com/
• With Lyle Mays:
• Interview: The Happy Musicians Podcast
• Vic Firth Education Series
More From Ed Soph:
• Instruction Course https://www.drumchannel.com/product/j...