Thanks for checking in and there's no lack of interesting things to share with you all in this month's action packed variety column.
11) Alvin Atkinson offers some tangible concepts on trading fours from the Jazz at Lincoln Center Jazz Academy:
12) Steve Fidyk with two brush pieces and some great concepts to share:
13) Another instalment of Quincy Davis's incredible, ongoing Q-Tips YouTube series:
19) Jack DeJohnette (the pianist this time!) offers this composition "Ode to Satie":
20) What am I listening to these days?
Willie Jones III "Forgotten Heroes" - Willie Jones III (drums)
Lonnie Smith "Live at Club Mozambique" - Joe Dukes (drums)
Lou Donaldson "Alligator Boogaloo" - Leo Morris (drums)
Stan Kenton "Contemporary Concepts" - Mel Lewis (drums)
Hank Jones "The Oracle" - Billy Higgins (drums)
Kenny Barron & Dave Holland "The Art of Conversation"
21) And today's Final Word goes to Nadia Boulanger:
"To study music, we must learn the rules. To make music, we must learn to break them."
- Nadia Boulanger