WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Friday, April 23, 2010

Bill Stewart with John Scofield



Here's drummer extraordinaire Bill Stewart - going back a few years - in a great band that featured John Scofield with saxophonist Joe Lovano and the late, great Dennis Irwin on bass:











John Scofield's album "This Is What We Do", featuring this same group, along with Bill Stewart's Blue Note debut "Snide Remarks" were very influential records to me when they first came out in the early 1990s. My first introduction to contemporary and current jazz drumming trends of the time. I have to thank Mike Shulha, one of my early McGill jazz drumming comrades, for turning me on to Bill Stewart's great playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment