WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Monday, May 27, 2024

Q plays in 2



I always make a point of sharing Quincy Davis' video lessons from his ongoing Q-Tips series on YouTube. The information and content that he shares is important, informed and always presented in a very clear and concise manner. His series is highly recommended, in my opinion.

However, I am making a point of sharing this specific video today in which Quincy deals with different approaches to playing in TWO.

I've made an observation over the past few years that a significant number of drummers don't know how to play in "2". I feel that this a very important groove and concept that every aspiring jazz drummer must consider, study and master.

Quincy lays it all out in his wonderful video. Check it out, get to work and keep swinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment