WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Friday, July 23, 2010

Tonight & Tomorrow - The Jon McCaslin Quintet Live at the Beatniq Jazz & Social Club July23/24



Just another quick plug here for an upcoming gig of mine this upcoming weekend that I'm quite excited about. On Friday, July 23rd and Saturday, July 24th I'll be performing at the Beatniq Jazz & Social Club in Calgary (811 - 1st Street SW) with my latest project. I'll be leading a very fine quintet consisting of the saxophone powerhouse combination of Jim Brenan and Mark DeJong in the frontline with Ralf Buschmeyer on guitar and Brendan McElroy on bass holding down the fort in the rhythm section.

This is the first band I've assembled since I've returned to Calgary a year ago and I'm really quite excited to present this dynamic group of fine musicians to play my original compositions that I've been working on for the past year. I am also hoping to record my next album in the coming year or so, so this gig should be a nice launching pad for that recording project as well.

Should be an exciting couple of nights of music with some fantastic musicians.

Please come by and say hello !


The Jon McCaslin Quintet

Live at The Beatniq Jazz & Social Club


811 – 1st Street SW

Friday July 23rd

Saturday July 24th

9:00pm

Featuring:

Jon McCaslin – Drums & Compositions

Jim Brenan - Saxophones

Mark DeJong - Saxophones

Ralf Buschmeyer - Guitar

Brendan McElroy – Bass

No comments:

Post a Comment