So to get started, here's a few articles and links to check out from around the interweb:
- Christian McBride offers "All About That Bass, But Give The Drummer Some" over at NPR:
Now wouldn't it be nice if the CBC also produced innovative segments such as this?
- Jeff Hamilton swing, swing, swings on this solo drum version of "Sing, Sing, Sing":
- Lewis Nash on "Second Balcony Jump":
- A brief feature on Rodney Green:
- Kenny Washington swinging in Paris at the Duc Des Lombards with Bill Charlap and Peter Washington:
- Willie Jones III in some grainy black and white footage from a recent hit of his at New York's Smoke:
- Greg Hutchinson jams with Dave Douglas and Reuben Rogers:
- Okay keep your eyes and ears on this young lad in the years to come:
Yikes! Has Tony returned? Needless to say, I'm very impressed...
- What am I listening to these days?
Alan Jones "Spirits" - Alan Jones (drums)
Wynton Marsalis "Black Codes (From the Underground)" - Jeff Tain Watts (drums)
Francois Theberge "The Medium Band" - Alan Jones (drums)
Morgan Childs Quartet "On The Street of Dreams" - Morgan Childs (drums)
Alan Jones Sextet "Storyline" - Alan Jones (drums)
Pedro Martinez "Rumbos de la Rumba" - Pedro Martinez (congas)
Curtis Nowosad "Dialectics" - Curtis Nowosad (drums)
- And today's Last Word goes to the great Jabali Billy Hart (who I recently heard in Banff, AB earlier this summer):
"Love is the highest form of intelligence in the Universe." - Billy Hart
Alright, that's all for today. Thanks again for sticking around and see you all again real soon.