WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Monday Morning RLRR LRLL



- Vocalist Abbey Lincoln recently passed away. She was actually quite an influence on me during my younger years as when I first got into Jazz as I was listening a lot to Max Roach. Two of the first Max Roach records I purchased were Roach's "We Insist...Freedom Now" and "Percussion Bitter Suite" and while they were quite influential to me as a drummer, they also featured the majestic and powerful voice of Abbey Lincoln:









- Looking for something to practice ? Vancouver Jazz drummer Jesse Cahill has been diligently posting many great drum lessons on his blog. Lots of great and practical things to practice here

- Does anyone have a copy of drummer Joe Dukes' album "The Soulful Drums of Joe Dukes" he recorded with Jack McDuff ? I would love a copy of this one !

- The pen truly is mightier than......a drumstick ?

No comments:

Post a Comment