WELCOME TO FOUR ON THE FOUR: A BLOG ABOUT JAZZ DRUMMING AND ALL THINGS UNRELATED, BROUGHT TO YOU BY JON McCASLIN

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Drums !



Well, Christmas has come early for me this year !

I drove to Regina yesterday and picked up my new set of drums which I had custom made for me by Ed Peck of Epek Percussion, based in Regina, Saskatchewan (Canada).

I've been shopping around for a new set of drums for a few years now and was pleasantly surprised and very impressed with Ed's work over the past couple years whenever I've found myself playing in Saskatchewan with a provided backline that included his drums.

As you can see below, these drums look GREAT. And, they sound just as good as they look !

I've been working with Ed for the past several months now to get every detail exactly the way I wanted. Basically, I was looking for a vintage Gretsch look and feel but with modern construction and an extra personal touch. Ed was very accommodating and his knowledge, skill, craftsmanship and attention to detail is superb.

I would highly recommend Ed's drums to anyone who is looking for that special kit.

Check out his work at www.epekpercussion.com

Here's a sneak peek at my new tubs:







Now all I'm missing is a big Saskatchewan Roughriders decal on the front bass drum head.

GO RIDERS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment